Since I'm asked so many similar questions, I thought I would do the internet thing and make an FAQ constructed of commonly asked questions of me, and on on the forums.
About the Tarot of Sneezing Webpage Return to Top
Return to: About the ToS Webpage
- What's on it?
- What are the different versions for?
- What are the Major and Minor sections?
- How do I find certain things?
- How do I contribute to it?
- Why hasn't it been updated?
- What's on it? ToS has a wide variety of almost anything related to sneezing that you could think of, and then some! It is filled with material the webmistress has found, been sent, or created and compiled together to serve people with different interests. Whether you just like sneezing, or if you're really into it; whether you like stifled female sneezes, or free male ones; whether you like hearing sneezes or reading stories about sneezing, this page will catch your attention.
- What are the different versions for? Like many pages on the web, ToS is offered in a frames and nonframes(text) versions. The frames version is full of pictures and graphics that add to the experience the page provides. The text version is for people concerned with slow downloads; it is graphicless for the most part.
- What are the Major and Minor sections? Bored out of my mind one day, I decided to put together my own webpage about sneezing. Being either very tired or just oddly creative, I decided to organize it like a deck of tarot cards, thinking of the 4 minor sections and the one main. It has grown much after time, needing to be divided into multiple decks of cards, but the structure remains the same. The MAJOR section is full of a variety of material from stories of both males and females, picture galleries, link pages, and much more. The MINOR sections are collections of sounds of females sneezing and males sneezing, as well as stories about females sneezing, and males sneezing.
- How do I find certain things? Depends upon what you are looking for. If you are looking for wavs, go to the MINOR section, and click on the link to go to the female or male sound pages. If you are looking for other pages about sneezing, see the MAJOR section, in Deck 2. Basically, try all the links, visit all the pages- go exploring- you're sure to find something you like.
- How do I contribute to it? *G* Contributions gooooooooood! Send! Send! Send! It depends what you want to donnate. Check out How to send contributions below, and send all to email@example.com.
- Why hasn't it been updated? Because I haven't updated it. I write all my code from scratch and always have. To update I must get together everything people have sent me, then find space on one of my 4 accounts to house it. Then, I must edit the page it appears on, as well as others since I have 2 versions(frames and text), include it in the new section(for both frames and text versions), and finally make note of the update on the front page. The problem is- I have a life. I'm a serious student, a perspective novelist, a webmaster for at least 5 other sites, an aries, a volunteer, and a bunch of other stuff. Thus, I have little time to work on this page- but I try to update at least each month. If I go more than 3 months with no update or explaination, you may assume I am dead or at least in a coma.
About the Other Webpages Return to Top
Return to: About the Other Webpages
- What are the other pages about?
- Sneezing Fetish Online
- Sneezing Girls
- Sneezing Fetish Animations
- The Art of Sneezing
- The Female Sneezing Videos
- The Sneezing Web Ring
- What are the other pages about? There are a wide variety of pages- some which not only came before but inspired ToS :-) They are MOST WORTH spending time exploring because each contains unique things that this one doesn't. There's just SO MUCH out there to explore! (and here we were thinking that we were alone and would never find a bit about it, huh?) :-)
- Sneezing Fetish Online http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Boardwalk/8296/The absolute first fetish page ever made about sneezing! It has a wide variety of items, as well as some great, unique wavs and other things! :-) It is run and well-maintaned by Prof_S.
- Sneezing Girls http://members.tripod.com/~sneeze1/sneeze.html The second fetish site for sneezing. This page, as the name suggests, contains only things related to female sneezing. It is also the home of Sneezing Girls Chat where we can all go to talk about sneezing or just hang out with people like us who have an interest in it. It is maintained by Gurm, who's had some computer access problems as of late and thus has not updated in a while, but do stay tuned!
- Sneezing Fetish Animations http://hometown.aol.com/queensneez/index.html This site is very unique. It contains original drawings and Wonderful annimations of both women and men sneezing by dustbunni. Many of her animations are set to wavs from the sites so they are truly little movies!
- The Art of Sneezing http://members.xoom.com/sneeze_art/index.html An amazing site dealing with the more visual aspect of a sneeze. There are altered pictures, animations, a discussion question for thought, and tons of java script(including a random sneeze generator). It's a lot of fun and contains things you can't find anywhere else!
- The Female Sneezing Videos http://members.tripod.com/~mdrew/20VIDEOS Mike has a bundle of good videos of females sneezing for sale. You're sure to find something you like when you're browsing through pictures, descriptions, and even clips of these videos!
- The Sneezing Web Ring http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Dunes/1396/ For a collection of these and other websites, visit the webring. And if you have a website... Add yourself to the webring!
About the Forums Return to Top
Return to: About the Forums
About the Chats Return to Top
Return to: About the Chats
- How do I use the Sneezing Girls chat room?
- Is there an AOL Chat?
- Are there other ways to chat?
- How do I use the Sneezing Girls chat room? The parachat program used in the Sneezing Girls Chat Room is a java applet. It works best with Netscape 3.0 and up, but will also work with Internet Explorer 4.0 and up. Just type in a name/handle and chat!
The most popular times to chat are in the afternoons or late evenings from 8-2am EST. If you go in and find no one, just stay and wait(learn to multitask!), and chances are someone else will come in are probably pretty good.
Common problems are (1)People suddenly get kicked. If this happens, stick with it. Wait and go back in- sometimes helps if you pick another name. (2)You can't use '*' at the beginning of a line. (3)If you get a gray screen and an 'applet could not be found' message in the taskbar, try reloading, or closing the browser to try again.
- Is there an AOL Chat? Yes! There is an aol chat room available for people to chat about sneezing. It is located here but will only work if you are a customer of AOL. There are many people with AOL Instant Messenger as well. Even if you don't have the AOL service, you can download IM here to use. You won't be able to use the main chat room, but you will be able to chat one-on-one with many people.
- Are there other ways to chat? Yes there are. Some people have the program ICQ and use that to chat. There are also html and java-based versions of chat at the yahoo sneeze fetish club that you can use if you are a member.
How to Make Yourself Sneeze Return to Top
Return to: How to Make Yourself Sneeze
- How do I make myself sneeze?
- What are different techniques to induce sneezing?
- How can I make others sneeze?
- Does sneezing powder work?
- How do I make myself sneeze?
The answer is... VERY CAREFULLY! :-) If you wish to make yourself sneeze, there are a wide variety of techniques out there that people have tired. The biggest and best way, I'm afraid, is trial and error. Everyone's nose is different and more sensitive/resistant to different things. If something feels even the least bit weird or uncomfortable- STOP! Go slow and gentle(never put anything up your nose that could hurt you- this is just NOT the way to do it...) and Good Luck!
- What are different techniques to induce sneezing? As stated above, there are many techniques out there that have been known to induce sneezing:
- Tissue Method This is one of the most wide-spread and successful methods of making yourself sneezing. Take a tissue and roll up one corner into a tight point. Carefully insert this into one nostril and gently circle it around to tickle. It might cause a sudden small shiver or strong sensation, but don't be afraid, keep tickling. Sometimes, if it makes you sneeze and you keep tickling, more will come right after.
- Pepper Pepper usually doesn't work. While it makes some people's noses tickle, it usually doesn't cause full blown sneezing. In fact, strongly inhaling pepper(especially white pepper) tends to make most people's noses burn! It does work on a select few people, but keep a couple tissues ready to blow your nose on just in case.
- SIOK Method There WAS a website out there heralding that simply by rubbing the bridge of your nose at the 'tickle spot' you could make yourself sneeze. This site has recently gone away, but a discussion can be found here Window to Wellness. I can't figure out whether this is all or just partially a joke(check out the names of these people and the success rate) but it's worth a try anyway.
- Perfume Sometimes it's not just the scent of perfume but the overwhelmingness of it that can make a person sneeze. Overloading the senses might work(when I encounter a very stong scent, it does usually make my nose tickle). Just be careful what you inhale.
- Toothpic/Paint Brush Bristle/Pen Cap/paperclip Method If ever there were a dangerous method, this is it. Not only could you slip(even during a sneeze) and impale yourself, but these are commen items and are probably ripe with bacteria and germs. Be VERY VERY careful about what you put in your nose. While I have talked to several people who have had these work, I cannot stress enough that this is dangerous. To use these items above, act similar to the tissue method, inserting and rolling/circling around to find ticklish spots in your nostril and tickle them. But in this method TAKE THE ITEM OUT before you actually sneeze. Again- dangerous. BE CAREFUL if you must try this!
- Spices There are many spices which are known to produce sneezing. Ginger is one of these. But open your cabinet and experiment. Just make sure what you sniff is ok to be sniffed(Note: sniff not snort!)
- Back Massager Steady and gentle stimulation to the bridge and rest of your nose might induce sneezes. However they can be rather expensive so if you're not well-off or already have one...
- How can I make others sneeze? This is a sensitive subject based on the idea of morality. It's not, in my opinion, right to make others sneeze unless they know and agree to this. Not only is it not right but shows your desperation. However, this IS a common question of the forum and I felt it should be addressed anyway, in breif. There are mixtures of sneezing powder, or baby powder and pepper, that can be applied creatively to situations. For example, I believe one person included it in balloons when they were being blown for a party. Then, when the balloons were popped as a party treat or event, this substance was released. Again, I don't advise it, unless the subjects are willing participants.
- Does sneezing powder work? Most commercial brands of sneezing powder that you can by from novelty shops or from the web are simply concentrated amounts of pepper. Thus, they usually do not work. However, I was told that such mixtures like baby powder and pepper might work. I was also giving the following to share(I've never tried it): "Start with some tobacco, good stuff, not drum or bugler you can get a pack of a good pipe tobacco from a specialty tobacconist then let it dry out. Grind it with a mortar and pestle, when its dry, to a very fine powder. The second ingredient is wild ginger root. You can find it at an asian market or an herb store Slice it thin on a grater, dry it, and powder it too. then mortar and pestle them both together."
About Tarotgal Return to Top
Return to: About Tarotgal
- Who is Tarotgal?
- What kind of sneezing does she like?
- Is the sneezing in her wavs real?
- Can I see a picture of her?
- What does the sign-off you use on the forum mean?
- How often does she check e-mail?
- Who is Tarotgal? I'm me, last I checked... Yup, still me! Details are on my bio page. If the answer's not there, chances are, you weren't meant to know.
- What kind of sneezing does she like? I am into male sneezes only, though I have an appreciation for female sneezes, which is why the page features both. I especially like men sneezing from colds(I think it's a bit about the helplessness in that), and long, drawn-out multiples.
- Is the sneezing in her wavs real? Depends on how you look at that. There are no "fake sneezes" in them at all.They are all "real" but some, yes, are induced. In my first wavs, they were left-over from a cold. In the two longer "fits" featured on the page, the sneezes are all induced by my using the "tissue method"
- Can I see a picture of her? Ummmm Nope! Sorry! Being 'face-less' is one of the joys of the internet. And for reasons that could fill volumes, I simply do NOT want pictures of me floating about.
- What does the sign-off you use on the forum mean? My usual sign off "Peace and Sneezes" that I use in e-mail and on the forum is compiled from a few sources. Peace is very important to me. Open-mindedness, understanding, and respect are all necessary to any society- rl or online. Peace also happens to be the name of the fan club of an actor I am obsessed with(Adrian Paul from 'Highlander: the series'), so I am subjected to the word many times a day through Highlander forums, and I guess I just picked it up. Basically, I just wish Peace for you all, as well as a little happiness mixed in there from sneezing, something that has brought us all together.
- How often does she check e-mail? That depends. Because of classes and/or work and/or real life, I might not get a whole lot of time to check it. When I do, many times I get so much(anywhere from 35 to 150 pieces a day) that I don't have time to reply when I've finished reading. Therefore, it is difficult to keep up some normal correspondance with people as much as I would like to. If you sent me an e-mail and I did not reply, the most likely possibility is that I am so busy I have not even opened mail to read it. I make a strong effort to keeping up when I can, but don't feel bad if it takes me a while.
How to Record a Wav Return to Top
Return to: How to Record a Wav
- What do I need to record one?
- How do I actually do it?
- Should I actually do it?
- What do I need to record one?
- Sound Card- obviously, you need something that supports sound. This is probably no problem- you can buy most computers with one.
- Recording program. The most frequently-used one is Sound Recorder, which comes with windows 95, 98, or NT.
- Microphone. I picked mine up at Staples for $5.99 and haven't had any problems(or complaints) with it! I have been informed that you might also be able to use headphones in this capacity. Just insert them into the 'mic' line in your CPU and talk into that.
- How do I actually do it? These directions assume you are using Microsuck's Sound Recorder:
- Open a new file and title it whatever you wish. If you are planning to send it to a page and do NOT want people to know it's you, DON'T use your name as the file name(ie, BobSn1.wav or Bob_Sneeze.wav).
- Go to properties. Chose to convert it, and in the huge scroll down menu you see there under attributes, select the topmost or within the first few. This allows your wav to be a little less good in quality, but smaller in size(which is an allowable tradeoff as with some of the others, it's so big it won't fit through e-mail, let alone uploaded anywhere).
- You're ready to record! Just hit the record button and sneeze!
- When done, be sure to save it!
- Should I actually do it? Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Many people might PUSH you into recording a wav for them, or for the pages. DO NOT record a wav unless you feel absolutely sure you want to have others hear you. It's a wonderful thing, but I was scared at first, and others are nervous, as well. Record if and when you feel comfortable to share and if you do not, then that's just fine, too.
Sending Contributions Return to Top
Return to: Sending Contributions
- How do I send Pictures?
- How do I send wavs of myself?
- How do I send stories?
- How do I send Pictures? If you wish to send a picture- please make sure it is in gif or jpeg form(otherwise I can't upload it to the page). Just use your e-mail service's 'attach' feature to send.
- How do I send wavs of myself? If it is a sound, it should be in wav form at hopefully a low recording quality so it's not so horribly big that it eats space.(see how to record a wav above). Use your e-mail service's 'attach' feature to send. Please be sure that it is smaller than 1000k or else I cannot get it. If you're sending more than one wav at a time as well as using AOL and aren't familir with attchments from it, only send one wav in each e-mail.
- How do I send stories? If it is a story- please let it be in MSWord, text, or html form. If you need to, you can even just type it in the body of the e-mail. If possible, it would be VERY helpful if you zipped it(using winzip) because of the way hotmail operates. But if not, I'll just cut and paste and convert it on my own- no problem :-) Again, use the "attach" function on your e-mail to attach it.
Other Questions Return to Top
Return to: Other Questions
- Oh, tg, do you do requests?
- Is there going to be a sneezing convention?
- Are there videos of people sneezing?
- So what is a tarot deck, anyway?
- Is it ok to trade things?
- Oh, tg, do you do requests? That's a delicate question. You see, I have in the past, and thus I feel bad saying no. However, I DO have a live outside the internet, and as much as I like to write, I have to write my own novel and stories as well. There is usually a long waiting list for stories from me. And while I try to follow up on story requests, it may take months and months. As for wav requests... I'm sort of out of that business for a while, due to time- sorry :-(
- Is there going to be a sneezing convention? Possibly. There has been talk of having one, possibly in the New York or East Coast area. However no specific place, date, or overwhelming amount of interest is ever shown. If you are interested in meeting others, check the forum for posts about it, and if there are none, post a new thread about it, and see who responds. Will I be going? Pigs, cows, and toasters will fly before I go to one. Sorry :-)
- Are there videos of people sneezing? Yes! (and before you ask, NO there is NOT one of me) Many can be found at Femle Sneezing Videos. There are also sometimes people on the forum who have made videos or offer to whom you can contact about this. As for movies- there is an ongoing movie and television list(that I continue to update and compile from everyone) with sneezing scenes in them. Go HERE to see the list and even buy some of these great movies!
- What is a tarot deck, anyway? It is a set of cards used to read into the future. It is set up much like a regular card deck, but with several distinct differences. The MAJOR ARCANA contains 22 cards with great meanings. Such cards include the Fool, High Priestess, Sun, Moon, Tower, Lovers, and Death. The MINOR ARCANA contains 56 cards in 4 suits. These suits tend to change depending on deck, but are typically those of Batons, Cups, Swords, and Circles. There are 14 cards in each suit ranging from 1, 2, 3 up to Princess, Prince, Queen, and King. Each of these cards has a specific meaning, as well. You can now see how I tied the TOS together using this basic form, and why the numbers of decks in sections are what they are. To use tarot cards, you perform a spread, and then a reading. Each spot in a spread represents something specific, and the card chosen corresponding to the spot gives answer to questions asked. To learn more about this, or if you are now TOTALLY confused, please visit:
- Is it ok to trade things? Of course. Everyone has his or her own opinion on the subject, however. Many people do not have access to material to trade, and rely on the numourous pages out there to supply interesting sneezing material. So your best bet when you get material is to send it to one of the pages- this way everyone can see and enjoy it. However there is always private trading going on. No one says you shouldn't do this, but it does cut down on many people's enjoyment. One major reason people privately trade is because they are shy to send personal material to a page for hundreds of people to see/hear. Wavs, stories, and other such personal material is many times exchanged by friends casually. Sometimes one person happens to be a good writer, and the other mentions a story he/she would like. Personal trades are always going on, and frowned upon by such, but if it is YOUR material, it is your decision. PLEASE DO NOT share OTHERS' private material with others or the pages without express concent of the original maker. In a private trade, you are trusted to keep the material to yourself and yourself only. That's why it's PRIVATE after all. This is a very important rule if you are going to trade at all. And just to leave this long paragraph with the point I started out with: Generosity ALWAYS pays off in the long run :-)
RETURN TO MAIN PAGE